Thursday, September 8, 2022

FORMAL LETTER (DESCRIPTION REFLECTION)

Dear Prof Brad,

My name is Qi Feng, I graduated from Singapore Polytechnic and obtained a diploma in mechanical engineering before coming to SIT to further my studies. Growing up in an environment where interacting with machinery and electronics is a day-to-day norm, I am truly captivated by the wonders of automobiles and electronics works and how they are being produced. Since young, I would always disassemble and assemble the gifts that are given to me to do research on the engineering behind it.

According to the people around me, one of the strengths that I have in communication is that I am an active listener and able to give constructive feedback. Whenever my peers or friends are having trouble, I am always there to listen and help. However, one of my biggest weaknesses is that I am very bad at presentations. People who listen to my presentation cannot understand what I am trying to say and tend to get the wrong information or idea that I want to pass on to them. I am not confident in pronunciation and sentence structure which also causes me to mumble my words.

By the end of the module, I hope to improve my grammar and presentation skills. Knowing how to make a good presentation will help people in job interviews, make new friends, sell products, and make business deals successfully. Therefore, having the ability to speak proper English and present helps people in day-to-day life and that is what I hope to achieve.

What differentiates me from the rest is that I like to lead and work with people. Having the ability to lead, I took up various roles during my secondary school life and national service life. I used to be part of the student council executive, a Cadet Inspector from the National Police Cadet Corps, and a Sergeant in One Guards.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I hope that everyone in the class can work as a team to improve what they are lacking and make wonderful memory together.

Sincerely,

Ding Qi Feng

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Good day to you,

    Thank you for taking the time to write something about yourself. There are some grammatical errors that I have spotted. For example "Therefore, having the ability to speak proper English and present helps people in day-to-day life and that is what I hope to achieve". I think what you meant is presentation helps people in day-to-day life. Additionally, another mistake that I saw is "and make business deals successfully". I believe you cannot make business deals successfully but instead secure business deals. These are some of the points which I think that is incorrect.

    In terms of content organization, I can see the link between each point and you have well illustrated each detail carefully. Thank you for the amazing work.

    Respectfully,
    Jing Dao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jing Dao for read my letter and pointing out my grammatical mistake.I will do better next time.

      Delete
  3. Hello there Mr. Qi Feng. Solid attempt on your letter. I strongly believe that you will be more adept in your presentation skills by the end of the module with guidance from the professor and your classmates. Do ask around if ever in doubt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Mr Danish, thank you for reading me letter and encouraging me to overcome my weakness in presentation.

      Delete

Critical reflection

  At the start of the module, the goals I set for myself are to improve my communication skills, report writing skills and most importantly ...